5.15.2010

993.

Nine hundred ninety-three.
neuf cent quatre-vingt-treize (that's for you, Margot)
novecientos noventa y tres.
Neun hundert dreiundneunzig.

That's how many books are sorted, labeled and bagged for delivery to Alps Road Elementary. Not all of those 993 will be deemed usable by the school, but I think it's safe at least 800 of them will. I would dance for joy but I'm tired right down to my pinky toe. A special thank you to niece Janey for driving up from Macon to help me. Luv ya JJ!

Check it out:


Here's what the labels look like; we put them on the inside of the front cover.


I have a lot more to tell you... and more books to count... and more people to thank... but my brain is fried and I'm just too tired. Forgive me, and stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I especially love the personalized "from" labels to recognize all the wonderful contributors to the project. Awesome work all the way around, Melaney! Just think of how many lives you and your bookworms will have touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous project. And I agree with Shannon; the bookplates are inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.