5.11.2010

Books books books books books books

I can't get that word out of my head. I think about books books books all day and dream about them at night.

Today's mail delivery was a little bit of a let-down after yesterday's, but I suspect tomorrow's will be outta control.


Today I had my indentured servant I mean niece MK put a "summer satchel" notice in all my neighbors' mailboxes (is that illegal?). I don't know many of my neighbors, and figured I'd be lucky if I got a single book. I left for an Overview Commission meeting, and check out what was waiting for me when I got home.


To quote Bayne: "Wow."

AND... today I met with Mary Kelly, my contact at Alps Road Elementary. She's put together a great plan for the summer satchels. She has a recommended reading list, PLUS a sheet for each student to track the books read over the summer. For every 5 books read, the student earns a reward. There will also be a journal and library card application.

I'm still humbled and overwhelmed by the crazy response to this project. As far as a boook count for the day? Sorry folks, but I haven't done laundry/housework/chores/etc in 5 days. The count will have to wait for tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a peek at my dining room.


Think that doesn't look like a lotta books? That's because the "series books" (Harry Potter... Magic Treehouse... Junie B Jones...) are bagged and lined up along what I'm calling The Series Wall.

Well, it's 8pm and the laundry beckons. I'll count some books tomorrow (I hope!) and let you know where things stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.