8.18.2010

"...and now we find the kids in need..."

This line in the story of Books for Keeps is overlooked most of the time. It's easy to focus on collecting books and distributing books. But for me personally, finding the kids in need is one of the most important aspects of Books for Keeps. I keep books in my car just in case!

Right now I'm reaching kids through the school system. But I'm thinking constantly of ways to reach a subset of kids where the need is greatest. Kids I want to give more books. Our best books. Anything to keep them reading and learning.

Where is one most likely to find a child living in a home without a single book? I can't exactly go knocking door to door. Are there organizations out there already helping the same kids Books for Keeps is trying to reach?

Do you have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.