8.01.2010

BookMoochers are the BEST!

The BookMoochers continue to come through for Books for Keeps; I continue to be amazed by their kindness and generosity.

Thank you, Rebecca from New Jersey, Lizzy from Maryland, and Sandy from California, for donating points. It gives me peace of mind to see points accumulating in the Books for Keeps account, and that's priceless.

Peta from London, England, has a copy of our most coveted book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and she's sending it to Athens! She also donated points to our cause here in Athens. I'm kind of speechless.

Heather from Arizona collected many books for us this week and let me mooch them all for 2 tiny little points. As if that's not enough, she's agreed to mooch books on my behalf... long story for non-bookmoochers, but it's all about the mooch ratio. Mooching for someone else is a CHORE but she's agreed to do it.

Thank you, BookMoochers, for being so good to Books for Keeps. If I missed naming any of you, please know I appreciate every single point, every act of generosity. I'm ending the weekend on a high note, filled with gratitude and hope, thanks to all of you.

Melaney

PS - An update about my BookMooch charity account request: uh, I have no update. I write in every 3-4 weeks asking for an update but have never heard a peep. I'm sure they are inundated with requests all the time. I'll just carry on and hope to hear from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.