8.11.2010

Books Galore!

Less than a week ago I bragged that I'd finally gotten my books so organized and put away that you wouldn't see a single child-oriented book anywhere in the house. Happily, I am eating my words. Books everywhere! I can hardly walk in certain rooms, and forget about eating at the dining room table.

I've already mentioned most of the people who donated books in the last few days, but I had another surprise when the mail came yesterday afternoon.

Sandy in Ventura CA and Liz from Shady Side MD win the prize for "most pristine" books. I'm telling you, they look brand new. Sandy and Liz both mailed big boxes of the most wonderful books covering every grade in elementary school. The kids will fight over these for sure.

It's been a great few days for Books for Keeps. Inventory in-hand of almost 1,700 books, and another 200-300 books in various stages of transit. Yeah, I could get used to this.

AND - I have even more to tell you about my meeting with the folks from Whatever it Takes. But I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and want to pinch myself first, to make sure it's not a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.