8.17.2010

Excited... or terrified?

So much has been happening with Books for Keeps that my head is spinning. There are still hurdles to overcome, but there's a real chance that Books for Keeps could have an "official" book drive here in Athens.

The folks from Whatever It Takes are helping me line up drop off locations. If we're successful, I'll be facing two more hurdles: how to publicize, and how to actually collect all the books as they come in.

I've managed massive projects before, some that make this look like a cakewalk. But never without a staff of paid professionals who value their job security! This will be a true challenge for me. I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified.

2 comments:

  1. Where are you keeping the books right now, is what I'm wondering. I keep remembering all those pictures you posted awhile back of your house being overrun with books... if this gets even BIGGER then it is now, where the heck are you going to store the books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask Heather! My next post will be about my new "space". Last night Books for Keeps expanded into the garage. I'll post pictures; it's getting pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.