8.03.2010

Good news keeps rolling in....

I woke up this morning to an email from Heather in Arizona. Last night Heather spent a big chunk of time mooching 50+ books for Books for Keeps. Sounds easy, but it's a lot of work. She mooched them from Annie in Missouri, who threw in extra books for the cause and posted 2 boxes of books, Athens-bound.

I received a selection of Goosebumps and Captain Underpants from Laura in California. I love it when books show up in the mail, especially when they're books that "reluctant readers" will read!

A donor from New Jersey (whose name I don't know) threw in some Judy Moody and Cam Jansen books with one I requested... another welcome surprise. And Aaron in Virginia passed along some extra Judy Blume books with another book I requested.

And Rachel in Atlanta! She's having a neighborhood/office book drive for Books for Keeps, and had 400+ books at last count.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Heather, Annie, Laura, our donor from New Jersey, Aaron, and Rachel... for your generosity, and for helping brighten a day that got off to a bad start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.