If I can't get it done with that kind of help, someone should just fire me. It's all about the drop-off locations. I think I'll have them settled in the next 2 weeks, but this aspect will make or break the book drive. Fingers crossed... prayers and best wishes gladly accepted! In the meantime... anybody know where I can get a smokin' good deal on some storage bins to leave at the collection sites?
In other news:
- My niece/indentured servant MK has gone to pick up the first wave of books from Classic City Orthodontics; can't wait to see what their patients have donated.
- My sister Taylor is having a book drive at her tennis tournament this Saturday. She's expecting more adult books than kids' books, but I can turn those into store credit in a flash.
- I'm meeting with the Clarke County Family Engagement Action Team (I didn't know we had one!) in a few weeks to tell them about Books for Keeps and get their input on how to best reach kids in need.
- Fellow blogger Jillian invited Books for Keeps to the Piedmont College Community Service Fair; that's certainly a first!
- And... we'll know the identity of our 2nd adopted elementary school any time now!