8.26.2010

"Real Life" Beckons

My "real life" needs attention today. The only way that's going to happen is if I swear off Books for Keeps for the next 12 hours.

Wait - if I spend most of my time working on Books for Keeps, and very little time on the rest of my life... doesn't that mean Books for Keeps is my "real life" and everything else is a "side project"? Hmmmm....

Anyway, my Athens Overview Commission gig needs work I can't put off any longer and I have nothing to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding Saturday. I have nothing to wear today! The laundry is piled so high it could suffocate me. And if I finish everything, I WILL start that job search.

But before I go - have you noticed the inventory count creeping higher and higher? Yes!

And a quick shout out to our newest contributor: Lindsay from Augusta, GA. Her husband works in Athens sometimes, so she sent along a bag of books. We met in the lobby of St. Mary's hospital. One of these days I'm going to start photographing these parking lot and lobby rendezvous. Thank you Lindsay and Clay for our latest stack o' books!

7 am to 7 pm. 12 hours to cram in a week's worth of regular life. But we can't let Books for Keeps grind to a halt, not even for 12 hours. So while I'm out of commission, how about y'all do my job for me???? Pick a friend or co-worker and encourage that person to clean off his/her bookshelves. Share Books for Keeps on your Facebook page, your blog, on Twitter, anywhere. Anything to bring in more books.

Pretty please? Every book counts!

1 comment:

  1. Just a little FYI, I'm taking a weekend trip to San Diego this weekend and plan to scoop some of the book shops there. I have a gift certificate for a San Diego- only bookstore that I got in 2003 and never used. It never expires. It's going toward books for your kids. 'Cause what better to spend it on??

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.