9.26.2010

What's with the inventory count?

Today I took the day off. No book drive prep. No book sorting.

Yesterday was a different story. I sorted 6 or 7 large boxes of books... only to get 9 more from friends over the weekend.

Soooo... I have no idea what the inventory count is! I usually keep a rough count as books come in but when they come in this fast, I get behind. Clearly a different system is needed. Regardless, I'll get a "real" count when I finish all the sorting and get to boxing the books for storage.

As for the book drive: the bins are painted, a volunteer is finalizing the signs for the bins (thanks Emily!), and Marcus from UGA's Volunteer Management Class is rallying the bin monitors (thanks Marcus & volunteers!)

This is really happening! I pinched myself just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.