1.19.2011

Ten. Thousand. Books.

I make a note in my little Books for Keeps notebook every time I seal up another box of inspected/approved books in the storage room, but it's been a while since I sat down and added up the official inventory count. Til today.

10,113 books!

Inspected, sorted by reading level, and approved for distribution to kids in grades K-12.

And we haven't finished counting. The sort room is full of books just waiting for the next volunteer sort day.

I know, I know, we need a lot more, but I'm taking a moment to celebrate and say THANK YOU to everyone who's helped us reach this point. Book donors nationwide, financial supporters, volunteers of every kind - thank you. I wish there was a way to add an exponential degree to a thank you; the two little words don't seem big enough.

1 comment:

  1. What a great job you are doing! I hope that the problems with leakage stop-- you don't need that. Glad that there wasn't more damage.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.