10.15.2011

The Real Heroes

Sherri Goggin wrote a wonderful piece about Books for Keeps in today's Athens Banner-Herald. Athens residents will hear about our Clinton Global Initiative pledge, our book sale, and our plans to end summer slide in Athens. It will move us forward in ways Facebook can't. Thank you Sherri!

The article was titled "Books for Keeps Founder a Real-Life Hero."

Wait - what?? When I think of Books for Keeps and all that we've accomplished, I think of all of YOU. The real heroes are the people who rallied to help our community. Instead of wondering "Why doesn't somebody DO something about this?" people all over the world said "I am somebody. I will do something about this." You amaze me every day.

But I've been instructed to be gracious, so I will. After all, I did say recently "I would put on a swimsuit and enter the Miss America contest if it would help tell the world about Books for Keeps."

Whitney just texted me: "Consider this your swimsuit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.