The Books for Keeps Thrift Store Tour is underway! Our goal: 5,000 or more books for $.75 each or less. See the top right side of the page for a running count on our progress so far.
There are nearly 200 possible stops on the tour... can you "adopt a stop" so that I won't have to skip any of them? All it takes is $50 - my average purchase last year. Just click the Donate button on the top-left side of the page; in the memo line tell me which stop you'd like to adopt. Or send a check to PO Box 49761, Athens, GA 30604.
Next up: Atlanta. The Atlanta thrifts are part of why my average purchase is so large... I find many, many books at Atlanta Goodwill stores. This is going to be fun!
Thrift Store Leg # 2: Athens to Atlanta
This is a two-day trip covering the northeast part of metro Atlanta. (Still working on dates for the rest of Atlanta.)
Tues June 19th - Weds June 20th
- Goodwill (Dean F, Athens)
- Goodwill Hamilton Mill (Jeanine R, Athens)
- Goodwill Buford Hwy (Leigh N, Athens)
3. Johns Creek
- Goodwill (this is a big one - somebody please adopt it!)
- Goodwill (Rama V, Atlanta)
- Salvation Army (Jennifer G, Athens)
5. Sandy Springs
- Goodwill Johnson Ferry (Lori H, Atlanta)
- Goodwill Perimeter Center (Lori H, Atlanta)
- Goodwill Roswell Rd. (Emilie F, Atlanta)
- Junior League Nearly New (Leigh S, Atlanta)
- Goodwill, Northside (Leigh S, Atlanta)
- Salvation Army, Marietta St.
- Goodwill, Buford Hwy.
- Salvation Army
Sneak Preview: Leg #3 - Eastern TN and Western NC
June 26 - 29
I'm picking up 10 boxes of books from the Sacred Heart school book drive in Knoxville and staying with one of my oldest friends. What a great excuse to hit the thrifts in eastern Tennessee! And I'll take a different route home, through western North Carolina. Adopt a Stop, and help make this leg possible.
1. Cleveland TN - Goodwill
2. Athens TN - Goodwill
3. Lenoir City TN - Goodwill
4. Knoxville TN
- Goodwill Kingston Pike
- Goodwill Western Ave
- Goodwill Schubert Rd
- Goodwill Broadway
- Goodwill 17th Street
5. Dandridge TN - Goodwill
6. Newport TN - Goodwill
7. Franklin NC - Goodwill
If my car isn't full, I'll loop through Asheville on the way home. If it is full, I'll head to Asheville the week of July 4th. That will add 8 more stops to the tour, and they're up for adoption too.
Adopt a Stop! Click the Donate button at the top left side of the page,