The Books for Keeps Thrift Store Tour begins! Our goal: 5,000 or more books for $.75 each or less. We've collected $1,405 so far, and our supporters came up with a clever idea to help with the rest: "Adopt a Stop". There are almost 200 possible stops on the tour, but so far we only have funding for the first 30. Can you help?
I spend an average of $48.73 on books each time I visit a thrift store. The smallest purchase last year was $24, and the largest purchase was $124. So... you can Adopt a Stop at a store in your town for $48.73. ($50 for easy math.)
Send me $50 and tell me which thrift store along our route you'd like to adopt. I'll keep a running list on our Web site. (Of course, you're welcome to meet me at a store and foot the entire, actual bill... which three wonderful ladies are already doing in three cities!)
Thrift Store Tour, Leg #1: Athens to Macon
Saturday, June 16th
- Salvation Army (Jan W, CA)
- Salvation Army Broadway (Brenda R, Athens)
- Salvation Army Mercer University
- Gottwals Used Books (Susan C, Macon)
- Goodwill Zebulon (Kim K, Athens)
- Goodwill Eisenhower (Phyllis N, Athens)
- Gottwals Used Books (Dawn A)
4. Warner Robins
- Goodwill Margie Dr. (J. Evans, Athens)
- Goodwill Moody Rd. (Earline H, Macon)
- Salvation Army Green St.
- Gottwals Used Books
Thrift Store Leg # 2: Athens to Atlanta
This is a two-day trip covering one piece of metro Atlanta. (Still working on dates for the rest of Atlanta.)
Tues June 19th - Weds June 20th
- Goodwill (Dean F, Athens)
- Goodwill Hamilton Mill (Jeanine R, Athens)
- Goodwill Buford Hwy (Leigh N, Athens)
3. Johns Creek
- Goodwill (Rama V, Atlanta)
- Salvation Army
5. Sandy Springs
- Goodwill Johnson Ferry (Lori H, Atlanta)
- Goodwill Perimeter Center (Lori H, Atlanta)
- Goodwill Roswell Rd. (Emilie F, Atlanta)
- Junior League Nearly New (Leigh S, Atlanta)
- Goodwill, Northside (Leigh S, Atlanta)
- Salvation Army, Marietta St.
- Goodwill, Buford Hwy.
- Salvation Army
I'm working on Leg #3, which is a trip to Knoxville TN that will loop through northeast GA, southwestern NC, and east TN. Stay tuned for details.